He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11a
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.Ecclesiastes 9:11
NO ONE ADVOCATE OF YOUR TIME IS
MERCY (Forgiveness) : In Proverbs 3:3-4 it says,
Let not mercy and truth forsake you. Bind them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart and so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and men.
This is an interesting verse that blends truth and mercy. And God says, “Make sure they are always with you and never forsake them.” Truth needs to be spoken and we need to be right; but mercy needs to be combined with truth. They go together. Truth without mercy becomes callused, hard, and cold. It is often legalistic. And mercy without truth becomes sentimental and wishy-washy and does not really take a stand. And mercy alone is not courageous and has no holiness to it. It must be mercy and truth.
What Is Mercy and Why Do We Need It?
- Mercy shifts your judgement
- When mercy appears, whatsoever that represents sin disappears
- When mercy shows up, your location does not matter
- When mercy shows up, your deficiency does not matter
Mercy is compassion that forbears punishment even when justice demands it. In the judicial system, granting clemency, which is another word for mercy, depends entirely on the will of the grantor, who doesn’t have to give a reason for granting it.
Grace is getting what we don’t deserve, and mercy is not getting what we do deserve.
Mercy and grace are similar but not the same. Putting it simply, grace is getting what we don’t deserve and mercy is not getting what we do deserve. In the parable, the son doesn’t get the rejection he deserves. In Christ, neither do we.
Mercy fuels compassion, providing promising glints of light in a darkened world. It’s kindness, forward forgiveness, and empathy. Mercy chooses not to be offended, and compassionately sees a hurting heart behind hurtful words. God’s mercy is reflected in the cross of Christ, a direct reflection of His love for us. Mercy is an extension of and expression of love, “an act of kindness, compassion, or favor.”Mercy is a characteristic of the One True God.
What is God’s Mercy?
The wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy.” (James 3:17 NLT)
God’s mercy is closely akin with forgiveness. What we do in response to God’s mercy sends an important message to the people in our lives. James is very clear in his letter that though deeds are not required to earn God’s favor, or to be a Christian, a repentant heart that loves God will surely be evident by the lives we live. In his article “Have Mercy on Me,” David Mathis says “When God shows his mercy, he does so with utter intentionality and strength, and we as his creatures get our deepest glimpse of who he is not just in his sovereignty but his goodness.”
ANOTHER ADVOCATE OF YOUR TIME IS
Favour: Grace makes a man function without struggle while favour makes a man receive without asking. But one of the ways God shows His goodness to people is through divine favour.
- An act of kindness beyond what is due or usual
- Divine Partiality
- Divine savour that flavours your effort
This is exactly what Israelites experienced in Egypt according to our texts.“And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians; and it shall come to pass but, when ye go, ye shall not go empty” Exodus 3 : 21 “And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians Jewels of silver, and jewels of gold and raiment: And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians” Exodus 12 : 35 – 36
HOW DO I PROVOKE GOD’S FAVOUR As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he said to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, or of him that runneth but of God that sheweth mercy”. Romans 9 : 13 – 16.
Though God says he will show mercy or favour upon whom he will show mercy, it is possible to provoke God’s favour.
1. BY YOUR PRAYER There is a type of prayer that provokes divine favour. This is the prayer that avails much. The Amplified Bible describes it as:…..The earnest (heart felt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available (dynamic in its working) James 5 : 16Hezekiah was sick unto death and God sent prophet Isaiah to inform him that he would surely die. Hezekiah’s prayer in Isiah 38 provoked God’s favour and He added 15 years to his life.
2. TRUSTING GOD “Jesus said unto him, if thou can’t believe, all things are possible to him that believeth” Mark 9 : 23 We can provoke the favour of God by our faith and trust in Him. In Luke 8 : 43 – 48, The woman with the issue of blood experienced the favour of God because of her level of faith.
3. THE POWER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING Praise is a powerful tool in provoking God’s divine favour. “But thou art holy, thou that inhabitatest the praises of Israel” Psalm 22 : 3 A person of praise will steer clear of murmuring. When you murmur, you limit God and favour will be far from you. “And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord and the Lord heard it and his anger was kindled, and the fire of the Lord burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp”. Numbers 11:1 Paul and Silas experienced the favour of God in prison in the process of praising God. Acts 16: 25 – 26. In Marks 6 : 21 – 23. Herod’s daughter had danced before Herod. He was so pleased with her dance that he told her to ask him for anything she desired, even to the half of his kingdom. Favour was released as a result of her dance. “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his counts with praise; be thankful unto him and bless his name’ Psalm 100 : 44.
4. SHOWING FAVOUR “Blessed are the merciful; for they shall obtain mercy” Mathew 5 : 7 Brethren, the level of favour you enjoy is a function of the level to which you favour others. The law of seedtime and harvest controls the issue of favour. Do you want to walk in favour? Then be a person of favour. In the book, Esther (2 : 21 – 22) Mordeci got wind of a plan to kill king Ashasuerus and leaked it, thereby spairing the king’s life. A time came when Mordecai was also to be killed, but his earlier seed of favour will not allow it. See Esther 6 : 1 – 3.5.
5.YOUR CONFESSION Your mouth is a weapon of authority ordained by God to keep you in perfect dominion. If you say positive things based on the word of God in your heart, you will get positive results. Favour moves in the direction of those that say favourable things.“Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” Proverbs 18 : 216.
6. YOUR GIFTS “ A man’s gift maketh room for him and bringeth him before great men” Proverb 18 : 16 There are three areas your gift can provoke the favour of God. (a) Prophet Offering The widow of Zarephath and the Shunamite woman enjoyed divine favour by reason of what they gave to the prophet. (1Kings: 17 : 10 – 24 and 2Kings 4 : 1 – 37). (b) Giving To The Poor When you give to the needy, you can provoke the favour of God. “He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again” Proverbs 19 : 17. (c) Giving To Your Parents “Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.” Eph. 6 : 2 – 3 Your gift to your parents irrespective of their wealth or wickedness will provoke the favour of God.
7. BEING KINGDOM FOCUS “But seek yee first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you” Mathew 6 : 33There are two ways:1. Soul wining: Mathew 28 : 19 – 20Your pratical involvement with God in His purpose for reeping the over-ripe harvest of souls guarantees His divine favour.2. Sacrifices: Sacrificial giving towards God’s kingdom or business is trigger for divine favour.In second Chronicles Chapter 1 verses 6 – 7; Solomon offered a thousand burnt offering and God gave him a blank cheque which signifies unusual favour.
HOW TO SUSTAIN DIVINE FAVOUR?
1. FAITHFULNESS: 1 Corth 4 : 2, Proverb 28 : 20“Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful”. 1 Corth 4 : 2“A faithful man shall abound with blessings; but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent” Proverbs 28 : 20. Joseph faithfulness ensures his continuous favour. He said “How then can I do this great wickedness and sin against God? Gen 39 : 9A faithful man, after God has blessed him will not miss his tithes. He will not forget about his service in the House of God.
2. REMAIN CONNECTED: Hosea 12 : 13“And by a prophet the Lord brought Isreal out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved”. Hosea 12 : 13After God has blessed Joseph in a strange land, He did not forget his root. A branch that is cut off from a tree will die a natural death. When God blesses you don’t forget your root.
3. LIVE IN FORGIVENESS. Gen. 45 : 7“And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance” Gen 45 : 7Joseph despite all that his brethren did to him, even when he had opportunity to revenge, he did not”David had several opportunities to avenge the wickedness of Saul to him but he refused. No wonder David also enjoyed continuous favour from God. 4. LIVE IN OBEDIENCE: Gen 2 : 22Abraham enjoyed constant favour from God because; he lived a life of total obedience. Even after God has blessed him with a child after waiting many years, he obeyed God and offered the child for sacrifice.Saul lost the throne despite God’s promise to his generation to sit on the throne forever due to disobedience.
5. BE JOYFUL Isaiah 12 : 3Joseph did not complain for one day even despite the experiences he went through. He was so charming even as a slave that the madam of the house wanted to sleep with him. Even in prison, because he was full of joy he was made the head of other prisoners.One way to enjoy constant favour from God is to always display Joy irrespective of what you are passing through.“Therefore with joy shall ye draw water our of the wells of salvation” Isaiah 12 : 3
6. LIVE A LIFE OF THANKSGIVING “Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving and make a joyful noise unto him with Psalms” Psalm 95 : 2“Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God’ Philippians 4 : 6Brethren, it takes thanksgiving to provoke favour of God and it also takes thanksgiving to enoy continuous favour.An adage says “When a child thanks an elder for yesterday’s blessing, he will definitely get another one.Most Israelites died in the wilderness because they forgot the God that delivered them from Egypt and began to complain.“And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord; and the Lord heard it and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the Lord burnt among them and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. Numbers 11 : 1Brethren, continuous favour from God requires a life of daily thanksgiving. A person of thanksgiving will not have any cause to complain or grumble. Anyone that complains will never experience God’s blessings.
7 Keys To Supernatural Favor
# 1 By believing in and expecting continual supernatural moves of God in your daily life.
# 2 By doing what you say you’re going to do. . .when you say you’re going to do it.
# 3 Being a person of integrity even when no one else is around.
# 4 Being a person of character instead of being a character.
# 5 Live an Ephesians 6:8 lifestyle.
# 6 Treat people the way you want to be treated.
# 7 Position yourself for His favor to flow through you to others.
THE ADVOCATE OF YOUR TIME IS
YOUR SET-TIME: The appointed time
When your time comes, men will adjust their time to suit their time
When it is not your time, you waste your time
Just as there is a due date for a pregnant woman to give birth, there is a set time for your promise, but don’t expect to give birth without any pain.
Every promise, for every prophecy, and for every dream there is a set time.
That is to say that there is an appointed time for that word or that promise or that dream to be manifested.
It is no different than the natural: When a seed is sown, there is a process that the seed goes through before there can be a harvest.
But as surely as the seed is planted, if it is kept in the ground and properly cared for there will be a due season and harvest will come.
This is probably one of the most difficult lessons there is to learn as a believer. How to wait on God,
We get a prophecy and we think it should happen the next day, and when it doesn’t happen in a week we get concerned, three months we get really concerned, a year and we get worried, 5 years and we think God forgot all about us, or it was just wishful thinking.
I’m here to tell you today that this is part of the process.
Every dream, every seed, every promise must go through this process.
Psalms 105:19 Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.
This tells us that Joseph had a word from God, (a dream) and that word from God tested him,
In other words, he was tested by time to see if he would hold to that word (dream) or if he would forsake it.
Time is the great sifter through which all of our dreams must pass.
You see time tests our faith, it challenges us to prove whether we believe God or not.
It is critical what we do during our waiting season.
There is a set time for your word, your dream, your promise to come to pass.
God has established a time for that word to be manifested.
Just as Hannah carried the Prophet Samuel in her womb for 9 months before there was a birth, You and I must also carry the word of the Lord, the dream in our spiritual womb until due season.
You see there are a lot of people that are wanting a birth, but they haven’t really gotten pregnant yet.
You have first got to get pregnant with the promise.
You can have a word for a long time before you get pregnant.
You see you don’t get pregnant just by hearing the word once, that word has to get down into your spirit, it has to affect the way you think, the way you talk, the way you walk.
See when a woman gets pregnant, you can tell it, changes start taking place,
She thinks pregnant, everything she looks at tells you she’s expecting, she talks pregnant, and in a little while she walks pregnant.
And once she gets pregnant, there is a due season for manifestation.
You notice that as she gets closer to due date she becomes uncomfortable, She doesn’t fit in the clothes she used to wear, she doesn’t sit where she used to sit.
See when you are really pregnant with the promise, you start out growing some things.
In other words You are not satisfied with things the way they’ve always been, there is a divine discontent and divine dissatisfaction that begins to grow in you.
You have an expectation of something greater, and that expectation of something greater is making you uncomfortable where you are.
A pregnant woman has a tendency to experience extreme mood swings, For no reason at all she may just burst out crying.
That is true spiritually too, when you are near delivery or manifestation there are strong emotions that begin to stir in your spirit.
It may be crying one minute, and shouting the next,
Just as in the natural there is a struggle before the birth, so it is in the spiritual (There is usually a great warfare just before manifestation)
We need to realize that just before manifestation satan will do everything he can to get you to cast away your confidence and to abort your promise.
God gave a word of promise concerning a turn around, God established a set time and said (tomorrow about this time where there has been famine there will be plenty, where there has been lack there will be abundance).
For those who believed God this brought great joy to their hearts, but the truth is that from a natural perspective nothing changed for the better when the word was spoken (in fact before the breakthrough came it actually got worse than ever) even to the point of cannibalism, they were eating their own children.
Just as there is a due date for a pregnant woman to give birth, there is a set time for your promise, but don’t expect to give birth without any pain.
When every natural evidence disputed the word of God, and when from all visible circumstantial evidence it looked as if it was getting worse instead of better.
All of a sudden the report came from 4 lepers outside the city gate, that there was food in abundance, and in an instant the famine was broken and the word of God was manifested at the set time according to the word of the prophet.
But what I want you to see is that while everything inside the city was getting worse, and every natural evidence was disputing and defying the word of God.
Outside the city gate God was working.Strong sermons during fear & uncertaintyNow,
He inspired 4 lepers to get up from where they were and go to the syrian camp
As they walked God caused the syrian army to hear a sound as a great army marching toward them, and they fled in fear leaving an abundant supply of food and other things behind them.
The point I am making is: Just before your breakthrough you are likely to experience the greatest contradiction to your promise.
This is where like the Pregnant woman in labor, It is time to push.
It is time to praise like you have never praised, it’s time to bless the Lord, It’s time to pray like you have never prayed, and confess the promise, and stand on the word, and declare the faithfulness of God.
This is a most critical time, because it is during this time that many abort their promise.
They have come to due season, but everything looks worse than ever, and many begin to believe what they see hear and feel in the natural and they abort the promise of God.
Listen to how the bible says it:
Gal 6:9 let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap (if) we faint not.
That word faint means: to loosen, dissolve, to crack, to break down,
What this word is saying is; You can actually come to your set time, be in your due season for manifestation and because you faint =, crack, dissolve, loosen, break down (you can abort your promise).
This is what happened to the first generation children of Israel (they came to the border of their inheritance, the promise land) They had come to due season.
But instead of pushing through to the birth of their promise
They aborted it.
I came with a word to encourage you: If it seems that all hell is broken loose against you, you ought to praise the Lord, because that is the greatest evidence there is that you are on the verge of manifestation, (You are in your due season) your set time is come, and this is no time for fainting (This is time for pushing)
push through till you break through.