The anointing is upon you by the Spirit of God, teaching you what Jesus said and leading you further into the Scriptures. The anointing of the Spirit guides you as you read and consume the Scripture, loving the Lord, hungering and thirsting for His righteousness.
Here are five things you can do to continue to grow in the precious anointing:
1. Fellowship with the Holy Spirit every day, adoring Him (2 Cor. 13:14). Talk to Him directly, building friendship with Him, continuing dialogue with Him about everything. Invite Him to your daily Bible reading and ask Him questions. Write down His answers when He speaks to you.
2. Keep your heart pure, aware of His kindness and holiness. He is the Spirit of justice and burning in Isaiah 4:4 which is a purifying and cleansing fire that washes away sin and prepares for His glory and presence. According to Matthew 3:11, Jesus baptizes us in the Holy Spirit and fire, the experience occurring on the Day of Pentecost which empowers us for proclaiming the gospel. It also sanctifies us to walk in holiness in our lives.
3. Let the Holy Spirit teach you the Scriptures (1 John 2:27). As you do this, you will be assured that you remain in Him as He teaches you the truth and then you are to go and teach others what He has taught you. You are anointed to bring God’s transformation to the world.
4. Value and cherish the anointing, not grieving the Spirit by our words and actions (Eph. 4:30). When we value and cherish His anointing, we make room for it in every part of our lives, expressing love and respect to Him, being careful with our words and conduct, cultivating His presence everywhere we go. As we do this we make ourselves available for Him to use us any time and see Him move in power through us.
5. Glorify Jesus (John 16:14). If you give testimony about miracles, signs and wonders, give reference to Him throughout all of it, because He was the One who accomplished the ministry. You were there, but He did the work through you and those with you. He manifested the healings and miracles, so give Him all the credit.