Many times people are seeing God through a man and not seeing God Himself. They know God because of a man who is being used by the anointing. Instead of building a personal relationship with the Father, they rely on what a man says. They go to the Father indirectly.
For them it is very hard to receive because they always want someone to minister to them. When they need healing or deliverance they wait for someone to pray for them instead of directly seeking God and receiving from Him.
We see this in the Bible when Moses had a relationship with God but the people of Israel only knew God through Moses.
God showed the people His glory, which is His goodness, but never manifested His presence.
So what is the difference between God’s glory and His presence?
The glory of God is the manifestation of God in a specific moment showing something of the person of God Himself.
- In the glory of God everything is at its fullness.
- Fullness of joy
Do you need a relationship with God to see His glory?
No. God’s glory is shown to those who do and don’t have a relationship with Him. That is because His goodness is what will lead you to repentance.
Have you noticed when you sinned, God continued to show His goodness in your life?
- God will keep showing you His goodness until you repent and then He will show Himself to you. But DO NOT take His goodness as a license to keep sinning, it is a reminder for you to repent.
“Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?” – Romans 2:4
What is the presence of God?
- It is an atmosphere. It is where God reveals Himself.
Why can’t you feel His presence?
- When you are not right with God, He will remove His presence. He will not allow you to see Him unless you repent.
- The absence of the presence means there is no relationship.
God’s glory is shown to all. He allows people to see His goodness so people can repent. But His presence will only be manifested to those who have a relationship with Him. You must actively seek Him and learn to receive directly from God.