IF I WERE ASKED TO GIVE WHAT I CONSIDER THE SINGLE MOST USEFUL BIT OF ADVICE FOR ALL HUMANITY IN OYIGBO, IT WOULD BE THIS: EXPECT TROUBLE AS AN INEVITABLE PART OF LIFE, AND WHEN IT COMES, HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH. LOOK IT SQUARELY IN THE EYE, AND SAY, “I WILL BE BIGGER THAN YOU. YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME.” IF PEOPLE KNEW HOW HARD I WORKED AT MY ART, THEY WOULD NOT CONSIDER ME A GENIUS. –
JUST AS THERE ARE THREE R’S THERE ARE ALSO THREE A’S OF BUSINESS LIFE. THEY ARE: ABILITY, AMBITION, AND ATTITUDE. ABILITY ESTABLISHES WHAT A WORKER DOES AND WILL BRING HIM A PAYCHECK. AMBITION DETERMINES HOW MUCH HE DOES AND WILL GET HIM A RAISE. ATTITUDE GUARANTEES HOW WELL HE DOES.
18 “Thus says the Lord:
‘Behold, I will bring back the captivity of Oyigbo’s tents,
And have mercy on her dwelling places;
The city shall be built upon its own mound,
And the palace shall remain according to its own plan.
19 Then out of them shall proceed thanksgiving
And the voice of those who make merry;
I will multiply them, and they shall not diminish;
I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO BE “HAPPY.” I THINK THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO BE USEFUL, TO BE RESPONSIBLE, TO BE HONORABLE, AND TO BE COMPASSIONATE. IT IS, ABOVE ALL, TO MATTER, TO COUNT, TO STAND FOR SOMETHING, TO HAVE MADE SOME DIFFERENCE THAT YOU LIVED AT ALL.
Sir Precious Oforji was elected Chairman of the Oyigbo LGA in 2008. EZE Mike Nwaji was installed the traditional of Obigbo in 1998.
A DIVINE CREED FOR THE CITY CLLED OYIGBO
. IF WE TRUST, RELY ON AND ACKNOWLEDGE GOD, HE WILL DIRECT OUR LIVES.
- ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE IS COMPLETE IN GOD AND COMPLETE IN MAN
- GO AFTER THE THINGS GOD TALKS ABOUT, AND GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR NEEDS.
- GOD HAS CREATED WONDEROUS PLACE IN HEAVEN FOR ME IF I CAN BELIEVE IN HIM.
- GOD CREATED US WITH A PURPOSE-WE CAN DISCOVER IT.
- GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS, BUT HE STEPS INTO PRAISE TO ESTABLISH MY DESTINY.
- “IN THY PRESENCE IS FULNESS OF JOY; AT THY RIGTHHAND THERE ARE PLEASURES FOR EVERMORE (PSALMS 16:11).
- GOD LOVES ME UNCONDITIONALLY!
- IF WE MAKE MISTAKE, WE CAN START OVER.
- JESUS SAID HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE OR ABANDON US.
- WE ARE NEVER TOO YOUNG TO FILL OUR DAYS WITH MEANING AND PURPOSE.
- WE ARE RUNNING A PROGRAMME OF DESTINY WHOSE TERMINATION IS IN GLORY.
- EACH DAY IS NEW AND FRESH. WE CAN MAKE THE MOST OF EACH ONE.
- IF WE ARE SPIRIT FILLED, WE WILL MAKE WELL. HUMILITY AND SIMPLICITY SHOULD BE OUR WATCH WORD.
- GOD HAS PROMISED TO KEEP ON WORKING IN US AND WITH US.
- WE MUST DISTINGUISH BETWEEN A DEFEAT AND A FAILURE.
- THERE IS PROVISION THAT WE CAN BECOME SUCCESSFUL.
- OUR GIFTS AND CALLING ARE PERMANENT AND ENDURING. (ROM 11:29)
- GOD CONTROLS OUR WILL AND DESTINY.
- BEING DESTINED FOR GREATNESS REQUIRES US TO TAKE AND CONFRONT GREAT HAZARDS.
- TEACH US TO NUMBER OUR DAYS THAT WE MAY APPLY OUR HEARTS UNTO WISDOM. (PSALM 90:12)
- THERE IS NO VARIABLENESS WITH GOD, NEITHER SHADOW OF TURNING.
- SEARCH US O GOD, AND KNOW OUR HEARTS, TEST OUR THOUGHTS.POINT OUT ANYTHING IN US THAT MAKES YOU SAD, AND LEAD US ALONG THE PATH OF EVERLASTING LIFE (PSALM 139 : 23,24)
- WE WILL WAIT TILL MY CHANGE COMES.
- WHEN OUR TIME COMES, GOD WANTS TO BE GLORIFIED.
- ASSIGN US GODLINESS AND INTEGRITY AS OUR BODYGUARDS.
I WILL PERSIST UNTIL I SUCCEED. ALWAYS WILL I TAKE ANOTHER STEP. IF THAT IS OF NO AVAIL I WILL TAKE ANOTHER, AND YET ANOTHER. IN TRUTH, ONE STEP AT A TIME IS NOT TOO DIFFICULT. . . . I KNOW THAT SMALL ATTEMPTS, REPEATED, WILL COMPLETE ANY UNDERTAKING.
Killing of SARS officer: Oyigbo area of Port Harcourt deserted following mass arrests, alleged killings
Distress calls continue to come from Obigbo in Oyigbo local council of Rivers State alleging mass arrests and killing of persons. The police only confirmed arrest of 22 persons following killing of a Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) operative on the eve of Independence anniversary.
Information coming from Oyigbo indicates that most residents have moved out of the area following mass arrests. A source in area told newsmen Saturday that there seemed to be a show of strength since the alleged killing in cold blood of the officer during the week by unidentified persons.
The sources claimed that the ancient town was taken unaware by a combined team of SARS, Anti-Cultism, and other tactical squads that invaded the community shooting and arresting anybody at sight.
By Saturday evening, most residents of the area were yet to come out of their houses since the previous day while many others were said to have fled to neigbouring towns. An eye witness who gave his name as John Okoh, a resident of the area, said the area was completely taken over by different squad officials who came in their thousands ostensibly to maintain the law. The residents however believed the security operatives were there to kill them.
The police spokesman, Nnamdi Omoni, told newsmen the men had stabilized Oyigbo areas, saying rampaging youths had not only killed an officer but sacked the Oyigbo police station and also burnt patrol vehicle, unprovoked.
Residents however said they were being harassed and terrorized by the security teams. The source said; “We were all relaxing outside when we suddenly heard gun shots; people were crying just like a war zone”.
The source said those who may have killed the SARS personnel would have fled the area for fear of possible attacks from the police authorities. In situations such as this, he stated, most victims of the crossfire are the innocent ones. The source called on relevant authorities to come to their aid so as to stop the killings ongoing in Oyigbo.
LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES OF OTHERS. YOU CAN’T LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE THEM ALL YOURSELF.
MANY OF LIFE’S FAILURES ARE PEOPLE WHO DID NOT REALIZE HOW CLOSE THEY WERE TO SUCCESS WHEN THEY GAVE UP.
MANY RISKS FAIL BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT TAKEN IN TIME. TOO MANY RISKS ARE POSTPONED UNTIL UNNECESSARILY ELABORATE PREPARATIONS ARE MADE. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ONE SHOULD SAY, “DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD!” THAT IS FOOLISH AND SELF-DESTRUCTIVE. . . . BUT DON’T SIT BACK WAITING FOR THE PERFECT MOMENT. IT ALMOST NEVER COMES.
MAY YOU LIVE ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.
NEVER THINK THAT YOU’RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOURSELF. A MAN SHOULD NEVER THINK THAT. PEOPLE WILL TAKE YOU VERY MUCH AT YOUR OWN RECKONING.